Tuesday, April 15, 2014

It's all coming together

Since the last time I posted, I've ordered an ICOM IC-7100, with an upgraded HM-151 mic, Nifty Mini-manual, OPC-589 modular to 8 pin mic adapter, and a 16 GB memory card.  As well as RT Systems programming software.  The radio was practically new, and even still had the plastic on the touch screen.  This is one cherry radio, and at a price I couldn't beat.  Even though it's "used," I was able to save around 10% on the price of the radio, not pay tax or shipping, and I got a number of extras at a value of around $300.  What an excellent deal.

I also had to get a power supply and a tuner, if I was going to use this radio as I'm intending.  I'll be using this as a base radio, which will also allow me to take it on the go and work remotely in the field.  Once I get the radio, which should be in the next two days, I plan to write up a review on each of the products I've purchased.  So stay tuned for that!


It's with a bit of regret that I have to inform you that I won't be going to the Dayton Hamvention this year.  Unfortunately it conflicts with something else I've got scheduled.  Infact, what I'll be doing that Saturday, is far going to trump the Hamvention, which happens every year.  My wife and I will be traveling to Detroit for a comi-con up there, for my birthday, my amazing wife has gotten me tickets to meet with William Shatner, and get an item signed.  I'm still figuring out what that item will be, but whatever it is, I'm sure it'll be a great keep-sake.  So, although I don't get to go to the Hamvention, I still get to do something that's going to be amazing; plus, Dayton will be there next year.  AND, I've already got radio equipment to play with...


So, with that, I am going to say good bye until I write some reviews, of unless something else interesting happens between now and then.  Talk then!

No comments:

Post a Comment